Renters Insurance in Indiana
Renters' insurance covers things such as natural disasters, bodily injuries, water backup damage, and theft that occurs in a rented property. We offer renters insurance here at IAL Insurance in Indianapolis, IN. The best way to protect your personal belongings and space when renting a home or an apartment is to purchase a renters' insurance policy.
Renters Insurance Requirements
Renters' insurance is not legally required in any state. But, it is possible that your landlord could make it a requirement as a part of your lease.
Renters Insurance Coverage
Here is what you can expect from a renters' insurance policy:
- Contents- Keeps your personal items, including your clothing and furniture, protected in the event of a covered loss.
- Medical payments to others- This will cover funeral or medical expenses for another person if they are injured while visiting your property.
- Loss of use- This coverage will reimburse you for all living expenses following a covered loss if you are temporarily unable to live in your home. Qualified expenses are hotel stays, restaurant bills, and more.
- Building alterations- This will cover damage to fixtures, alterations, and installations you make to your home if damaged.
- Personal liability- This will provide assistance if you need help paying for bodily injury or property damage in your home.>
- Credit card - This will cover your unauthorized transactions on your debit card and credit cards. This also includes counterfeit money and forged checks.
Optional renters' insurance options include:
- Water backup
- Theft extension
To obtain a quote for renters' insurance, give us a call here at IAL Insurance. We are located in Indianapolis, IN. Our agents will assist you in helping you find a policy that meets your unique needs.