Motor Home Insurance in Indiana
As vacations are becoming more popular among Americans, so is the use of motor homes. With the growing popularity of motor homes comes a growing occurrence of accidents involving motor homes. If you are in the market for a motor home, ensure you do everything possible to protect it. One of the most important ways to protect your motor home is insurance.
What does motor home insurance cover?
Motor home insurance covers a lot of the same things that your auto insurance policy covers, including:
- Liability: Liability coverage covers property damage and bodily injury from an accident that you caused. Unfortunately, it does not cover the injuries of you or your passengers.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage covers you if something happens to your motor home, such as vandalism, theft, or fire.
- Collision: Collision coverage covers the damage to your motor home after an accident you were liable for.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists: If another person causes an accident, they are responsible for compensating you through their liability insurance. Even though liability insurance is required in most states, some people don't have enough or any at all to cover you. This is when uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage can help you.
- Towing and roadside assistance: If you get stuck or break down somewhere, your insurance can help you with towing and roadside assistance coverage.
- Personal effects: Personal effects refer to any personal items in your motorhome. If you lose or damage your personal items due to fire or theft, you can receive compensation up to a certain amount.
Why is motor home insurance important?
Most states require liability insurance for anything that drives on the road, including motor homes. The most important reason to have motor home insurance is you could get in trouble if you are found without the required insurance.
Contact IAL Insurance
For more information, contact us at IAL Insurance in Indianapolis, IN.